Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials.
The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets.
Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
⦁ Provides development for Oracle EBS System following Oracle standard best practices where standard code is not modified.
⦁ Supports project execution through teamwork and completing tasks, updating tasks status, and escalating issues.
⦁ Provides feedback to business analysts in regards to business analysis, data mapping, and data validation to assist in the development of best practice coding specifications.
⦁ Manages the execution of testing for assigned deliverables; identify and document and fix test defects, document quality issues and communicate defects fixes to assure resolution
⦁ Participates in development and testing plans. Develops and ensures technical specification material is developed and maintained according to best practices.
⦁ Monitors project dates and meets individual development deliverables as well as support other development team members and business analysts.
⦁ Escalates issues to management for support and/or guidance
⦁ Translate business objectives, requirements, and functional specifications into technical specifications that are reviewed and supplied to the business analysts.
⦁ Partner with IT/Vendor resources to review technical specifications and coordinate approvals.
⦁ Provide technical expertise in support of business analysts that are working to define optimum business processes and effective solutions.
⦁ Analyze data extracts and review data mapping.
⦁ Manage defect resolution throughout the system development life cycle.
⦁ Provide development for development projects tasks end to end, ensuring all development deliverables are met.
⦁ Participates and provides full testing cycles of system integration, UAT, Mock Go LIves, and complete regression testing of custom objects.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in information technology field or other relevant discipline, or equivalent knowledge and expertise gained through combination of experience and education.
- Seven or more years experience in developing for Oracle EBS R12.X. Technical expertise in Oracle EBS for scheduling, planning, manufacturing, finance, and order management. Modules to include but not limited to: GL, AP, AR, Costing, Inventory, OM, Work in Process, Bill of Material, ASCP, PO.
- Very logical thinker. Very organized and structured in development methodology and work habits. Ability to foresee issues and take action to avoid issues.
- Ability to see a need and provide a solution even if before being asked to provide a solution.
- Ability to be a team player not just on the development team but across other IT teams.
- Capable of performing analyst type tasks to understand and evaluate a business need / change and define in detail the logical technical solution to the business need, using existing functionality or specifying upgrades or development to functionality to resolve business problems ensuring that no Oracle standard code is modified.
- Sensitivity and persuasiveness skills to help the business analysts and end users understand what they may need vs. what they request.
- Assertive leadership, with effective skills in gaining internal customers’ – management and users’ – cooperation and acceptance of changes.
- Highly effective communication and listening skills to grasp complex tasks and adapt communications to be most understandable for the users.
- Training skills — ability to organize, develop and deliver effective training using presentation, interaction and feedback. Prepare materials to facilitate hands-on learning.
- Must possess a strong “sense of urgency” to get work done quickly and correctly.
- Independent worker — must be able to self-manage to a large part while planning and reporting task progress to supervisor and team.
- Experience and efficiency with developing Oracle Forms, HTML/XML, Oracle Reports, Interface development, Oracle SOA technology, Oracle Workflow. Experience with Oracle developers is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.