WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- You are enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team
- You can prioritize, are disciplined, show initiative and have a flexible attitude
- You’ve worked with material handling equipment before (or are very open to learning!)
- You are computer savvy and generally comfortable with technology (and can easily learn new software and systems)
- You have about 6-month work experience in a high-volume environment where you dealt with replenishment and receiving (warehouse experience is a strong asset but not necessary)
- You are totally cool with working very early hours of the day (before the store opens)
- You are totally cool working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, work environment
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
- Ensuring goods flow smoothly and that operations are in line with order parameters
- Always aware of customers when on the shop floor, prioritizing their requests and needs, giving suggestions even when engaged in other tasks
- Performing sales space replenishment with flexibility and according to visual merchandising guidance
- Ensuring the store is ready at opening, offering the best possible customers’ shopping experience
- Looking for more effective ways of working to reduce costs
- Supporting the team and with additional duties, as required
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs.
If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Goods Flow Co-Worker.
Please note: This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.
we are located at 2685 Iris Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2C 3S4.
The shifts are from 22:30-7:30 scheduled up to 34 hours a week
To apply for this job please visit ikea.avature.net.