- Full Time
- Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, controls issuance and payments of parking tickets utilizing an on-line computer terminal.
- Answers telephone, counter, and intercom inquiries regarding tickets, rentals, permits and use of parking equipment – A.M.
- Processes and balances receipts received over the counter.
- Provides relief and backup to Parking Rental Clerk during the afternoon with telephone and counter inquiries and to Summons Clerk as required.
- Balances cash, prepares float, reconciles discrepancies, and prepares deposit.
- Processes handheld and handwritten ticket data through computerized system, maintains statistics on tickets, distributes and receives handheld computerized ticket processor.
- Issues and records private ticket books and handheld ticket processors to security staff, Police Department and other private agencies.
- Prepares bi-monthly reports, meter reports and updates appropriate log and ticket file.
- Maintains filing of all parking tickets issued, and enforcement officer’s remarks books, and maintains record of manual tickets.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Secondary school graduation; or
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Must have the ability to key with accuracy
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of related microcomputer software packages
- Must be bondable
- Knowledge of computer terminal operation, including on-line input and processing would be an asset
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
To apply for this job please visit careersen-thunderbay.icims.com.