Website City of Rohnert Park
The City of Rohnert Park is currently looking for one (1) Part Time Seasonal Maintenance Assistant to provide seasonal assistance with landscape services functions for our streets and parks.
This position is a temporary, “at will”, non-benefited, position and is limited to 1000 hours in a fiscal year, from July 1st through June 30th.
To be considered for this opportunity, please visit “Job Opportunities” at www.rpcity.org. Only online applications will be accepted with the required supplemental questionnaire.
All applications will be reviewed in detail for completeness and possession of minimum qualifications. Interviews may be held on an intermittent basis as soon as qualified applications are selected.
If you need assistance applying online, please click on the Application Help/FAQ’s link: www.governmentjobs.com/home/faq
You may submit a resume or other relevant documents to further describe your qualifications;however, “See Resume” will not meet the requirements to submit a complete application, including employment history, or be accepted in lieu of responses to supplemental questions.
Be advised that your resume and other attachments not specifically requested by the City in order to apply for this position may not be used to determine your qualifications.
If you are a CalPERS retiree, you may not work for the City of Rohnert Park more than 960 hours per fiscal year (7-1-XX – 6/30/XX) nor in a regular, i.e. permanent position. Work assignments must be temporary, i.e. typically limited to 12 months.
Under close supervision, performs landscape maintenance work in City parks and streetscape areas.
A Seasonal Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing a wide variety of work to assist in the maintenance and repair of city property.
The incumbents receive general supervision and lead direction from Supervising Maintenance Workers and Maintenance Worker II’s.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
- Removes litter, leaves, and tree trimmings
- Plants, waters, stakes, and prunes plants and trees
- Mows and edges turf
- Performs tasks essential to weed removal
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment
- Maintains park grounds by sweeping walks and removing litter and weeds
- Operates motor vehicles and light and medium power/motorized equipment
- May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker in the event of a disaster or emergency
- Performs related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
Sufficient education, training and/or experience to perform the required duties of a Seasonal Maintenance Assistant.
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Positions in this class typically require:
- Any combination of education, training and experience which likely provides the required knowledge and abilities
- Manual work experience is desirable
LICENSE/REQUIREMENTS: Positions in this class typically require:
- Possession of a valid California Class C Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Per California State law, smoking is not permitted inside City facilities/vehicles or within 20 feet of main entrances, exits, and operable windows
- Safe and proper usage of hand tools and light power tools
- Laws pertaining to the operation of motor vehicles and safe driving practices
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Operate, maintain, and clean tools and equipment
- Perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance and construction tasks
- Learn and operate a variety of light and medium power/motorized equipment
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Perform heavy manual labor
- Follow safe work practices and observe safety rules and precautions
- Maintain good public relations with people contacted during work assignments
Positions in this class require sitting, standing, walking on level and slippery surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, stooping, grasping, and making repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily work activities.
The work also requires both near and far vision when operating power tools, vehicles, and equipment. The ability to lift, push, and drag equipment and supplies weighing up to 80 pounds is required.
Additionally, incumbents in this class work in all weather conditions including wet, hot, and cold. Incumbents may use cleaning products, sprays, and fertilizers exposing the employee to fumes, dust, and air contaminants which may cause eye and skin irritation.
The nature of the work also requires the employee to climb on ladders, use power, noise and vibration producing tools and equipment, drive motorized vehicles and equipment, and work in heavy vehicle traffic conditions which subjects the employee to mechanical and electrical hazards.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.