PALO ALTO NETWORKS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work.
We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks has the vision to secure the future and in order to make it a reality, the Platform organization is tasked with providing a platform of services that delight our users and accelerate the velocity and innovation of security products in the cloud. How we develop, build, test and ship our platform and products greatly impacts our ability in delivering the highest quality experience for all our users.
We are looking for humble, empathetic, self-motivated and passionate team members that constantly challenge the status quo, thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment to find creative, efficient and high-quality solutions to complex problems.
We expect you to take healthy risks as you collaborate with engineering teams across the company to empower them in developing and delivering their products with the highest quality and velocity while ensuring security throughout the lifecycle.
As a Principal SRE/Devops Engineer on the Engineering Productivity team, you will be instrumental in elevating the innovation within the team as we champion a world-class engineering culture across the company.
You will tremendously impact thousands of engineers and drive initiatives in source code management, build and test tooling, end-to-end CI/CD pipeline workflows while automating everything (well, everything that matters and should be automated).
You will also get an opportunity to mentor junior engineers on the team and help them grow in their careers and rise to tackle more and more challenging problems.
- Provide technical leadership, demonstrate and inspire engineering best practices to plan and execute critical, large-scale and company-wide projects
- Scale the infrastructure, tools and frameworks needed to keep our hundreds of developers in sync while sharing code, building, testing, releasing and deploying their applications and services continuously
- Partner with every engineering team at Palo Alto Networks to develop solutions for challenges faced by them and increase developer delight, efficiency and productivity
- Design, build and maintain tools and frameworks to automate the commit-deploy pipeline (including development, testing, release/deployment and monitoring) of our products and services
- Simplify and increase visibility into the CI pipeline and enable easier and faster insights into potential problems
- Mentor junior engineers and enable them to up-level themselves
- Significant SRE/DevOps/Tools Engineering experience (at least 3 years)
- A deep understanding of Engineering Productivity tools and platforms
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with build frameworks
- Experience with configuration management systems, infrastructure as code tools, and secrets management
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++, Go or Node.js.
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, and system design
- Full stack (web, backend) exposure
- Prior experience building CI/CD using Gitlab, Vault, Artifactory, Spinnaker etc.
- GCP experience
Serious mission, fun culture; We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that embraces challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers. They say it’s the people you work with that make you want to go to work and it’s true here; we love our work.
You’ll be driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company. Join the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams who are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill every time we beat the bad guys.
We hope to meet you soon!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.