SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
Job Title: Production Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Job Location: Consett
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000
As a Production Engineer, you’ll be responsible for supporting and supervising the day to day running of all production activities at Consett ensuring that our work is progressed in a timely manner to the satisfaction of our clients.
- To establish priorities in workflow liaising with our workshop and technical staff to ensure that they have a clear and concise understanding of the jobs.
- To liaise with clients on technical and commercial issues.
- Reading, interpretation and application of international and client specifications.
- To formulate and deliver the morning production meeting identifying key roles and jobs within a given day in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- To carry out technical contract reviews to progress the workflow.
- To carry out testing in the laboratory on specific projects on a needs must basis after suitable training.
- Ensure all H&S requirements are satisfied within the laboratory working closely with the Production Manager, Operational manager and the H&S representative.
- Ensuring that all aspects of our quality system are adhered to throughout production.
- Capable of interpretation of testing and material specifications
- Hands on testing knowledge
- Ideally Metallurgically qualified
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.