Website JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world.
JDE is home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiOra, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
Working at our Global Headquarters in Utrecht, as the Quality Specialist, you will be part of the R&DO Consumer, Quality and Technology department. Within this department, the Conversion Quality team plays a critical role in developing and implementing quality standards and improvement ideas to assure 100% right first time for the consumer with maximum efficiency.
In your role as Quality Specialist you will be responsible for:
- The development and implementation of quality & food safety standards for the JDE Global internal and external manufacturing network
- Setting the quality standards and training others as part of the JDE Manufacturing Continuous Improvement Program and leading some Quality Pillar activities
- Benchmarking plant performance with regards to quality deliverables and proactively identifying areas for improvement will be a crucial part of your role
- Participating in key New Product Development projects and agree quality success criteria linked to compliance, food safety, consumer and customer drivers
- Interacting across the supply chain, internal and external to JDE and will need to collaborate and influence key stakeholders at different levels of the organization
- Building robust relationships with all relevant business partners inside and outside R&D, including Operations, Marketing Sales and Procurement
- Traveling between various manufacturing locations for 30 to 40% of the time
If you’re brimming with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Food Chemistry, Food Technology, Engineering, Food Science or Nutrition
- Over 5 years of professional expertise in a multi-cultural plant manufacturing environment with cross-functional teams
- Excellent knowledge of quality and food safety standards & practices (ISO / FSSC 22000, IFS, HACCP), and Manufacturing Excellence such as TPM or Lean Six Sigma
- Great organizational & project management, as well as problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of, SAP, Manufacturing systems and digital knowledge management systems
- A great sense for understanding business priorities and the ability to influence others, therefore strong communication skills are essential
- An ability to work at pace and deal with ambiguity is critical, in order to make decisions that will benefit the organisation as a whole
- A driving license is definitely preferred to get to some of our factory locations
Next to an attractive and rewarding salary, we offer a variety of secondary conditions of employment.
- Year-end bonus
- Rewarding pension-plan
- An additional number of ADV days
- Remuneration for health, life- and other insurances
- Fitness allowance
- Discount on coffee and tea products
- A flexible, international work environment with many career opportunities
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application, we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by two interviews. Pre-employment screening can be part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.