Website IBI GROUP
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
Our exhaustive practice covers the full spectrum of engineering services, from traditional projects to emerging technology-driven fields.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Here’s how we work:
IBI Group is looking to add a Regulatory Specialist for our Energy Solutions teams in Calgary. In this role you will support projects with public notification and consultation requirements.
You will also attend applicable agency workshops or courses, where required, and ensure relevant regulatory updates are passed on to regulatory and project engineering staff.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Determine and review the provincial and federal regulations and requirements for power plant applications and discuss with Project Managers as applicable to the project.
- Prepare and submit compliant power plant regulatory applications on behalf of IBI’s clients in Alberta, B.C. and Saskatchewan.
- Collect and assemble all application and project documentation and orderly file for the project and client files.
- Assist IBI or client project and engineering staff with permit applications, checking for accuracy and full regulation compliance.
- Ensure applications are submitted on schedule for the proper agency review time and approved on schedule for project construction.
- Assist in organizing IBI’s regulatory and environmental library in areas such as government correspondence, industry standards and practices, and engineering design and construction codes.
- Ensure latest editions of documents are available.
- Remain current with power generation legislation and regulations, environmental regulations, power connection regulations, public notification and consultation requirements; attend where required applicable agency workshops or courses and ensure relevant regulatory updates are passed on to regulatory and project engineering staff, as required.
You’ll need to have:
- Degree in Business, Economics or Engineering
- 5-10 years experience in the utilities or regulatory field.
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and manipulate databases, tracking systems and processes
Due to COVID 19, we have implemented a work-from-home model until we return to the office. When we return to the office, you must be able to commute to our location at 227 11 Avenue SW, we are conveniently located just outside the downtown core in the Beltline.
We are minutes from the downtown core and 10 minutes away from the 3rd and 4th street LRT stations. IBI Group aspires to create a friendly, professional, and influential team-building environment. The office hosts numerous social and family events throughout the year to build and strengthen ties between employees, their families, and the community.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefits package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. Candidates will also need to confirm they are fully vaccinated in accordance with IBI Group’s mandatory vaccination policy in Canada
We request applicants submit RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.