SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 93,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who has worked in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment.
2-4 weeks of training with be provided to all successful candidates in West Wyalong, NSW. Accomodation and training costs will be covered by SGS.
Main responsibilities but not limited to: :
- Loading, unloading, sorting and weighing samples in numerical order.
- Responsible for milling, crushing and pulverising rock samples.
- Reconcile delivered and not received samples onto sample sorting sheet.
- Following quality control procedures and avoiding contamination.
- Other duties such as task allocations to assist in other areas of the laboratory.
- Housekeeping of sample preparation and associated areas.
- Adhoc Fire Assay work.
- Follows all health, safety and housekeeping requirements for this position.
- Qualifications and experience whilst desirable is not essential.
- Team work and cooperation
- Ability to lift up to 25kgs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to sort and order numbers
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team
- C Class Drivers Licence (manual preferred)
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
We offer an open corporate and international culture, and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
WE SUPPORT A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong environment in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
- Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
- Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
- Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
- Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.