PALO ALTO NETWORKS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work.
We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The New Initiative Security Research team is responsible for delivering high quality security research to our products to prevent successful cyberattacks and protect our customers, with a special focus on security research on cybersecurity for Home and SMB.
As a Security Research Engineer for our New Initiative product team, we are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative individual to join our team to research on latest threats and develop tools/PoC to drive product innovation.
- Track and research emerging online threats and innovate new ways to identify malicious threats
- Develop tools to drive the security content quality in the product
- Leverage data-driven approaches, such as statistical analysis, machine learning, and other advanced techniques
- Convert research results and discoveries into real-impact innovative products and research papers and blogs
- Work across teams to deliver production-impact projects
- Creative thinker and team player. Have great passion and be highly self-motivated in data-driven security research
- Expertise in detection security threats over the Internet, such as, malware, phishing, fraud, botnet, spam
- Experience with malware traffic analysis is a plus
- Experience with Reverse engineering
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning techniques, workflows and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Trees, Random Forest, CNN and RNN, and Boosting
- Familiarity with TensorFlow is a plus
- Understanding of core network protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.)
- Past experience on open source projects is a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields with security research experience
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.