Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Position: Senior Business Data Analyst
Location: Remote within United States
Zscaler is building a data platform to serve as the single source of truth for all data and reporting needs of its cross-functional business teams. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with a passion for working with key business teams like Sales, Support, Finance, Marketing, Product, and data in a SaaS environment, deploying and improving reporting and processes, and working cross-functionally with business and technical teams to understand and execute on data and insights’ needs for these functions.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Be a trusted business partner with our key business operations teams. Partner with them to understand data needs, KPIs, metrics and data insights
- Collaboate with the key business stakeholders and users and understand ongoing functional and technical data requirements for these business teams and develop datasets to meet those requirements
- Develop and maintain data dictionary and metric definitions for multiple business functions and technical datasets, metrics, and KPIs and review them regularly for changes and updates
- Design Tableau dashboards for insights and reporting when necessary
- Conduct data enablement sessions for these business teams by communicating new datasets, metrics, KPIs, and processes
- Business Process Document(s) for key business process teams, processes, systems, integrations, data flows & models, business rules & transformations
Who You Are:
- A passion for building data platform and insights’ solutions for business teams
- Passionate about and focused on customer outcomes with the ability to translate business needs into functional and technical data requirements for the data engineering team
- Proficient in leveraging data to develop actionable insights and story-telling to drive business impact
- Drives data literacy and enablement within the organization by building and utilizing data and analytics tools to enable improved understanding of data assets impacting business decisions
- Experience with SaaS organization and data is a considerable plus.
- 6+ years of experience with data initiatives (data and systems analysis, story-telling, and data engineering) with a focus on reporting and processes, translating the business needs into data requirements
- Deep understanding of analytics frameworks and methodologies, data visualization principles, source systems/business applications (Salesforce, Hadoop, Big Data Architecture), processes, and metrics
- Proven track record of executing data roadmap for support groups by translating business data needs into functional and technical requirements for the data engineering team
- Advanced SQL skills and proficiency in visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker
- Strong experience collaborating with business stakeholders and users to understand, document, and implement data & analytics needs
- Experience implementing data governance framework and deliverables is desired
- Experience with industry-standard ETL tool (Matillion, Fivetran, etc) preferred but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.