Website FELIX & PAUL STUDIOS INC.
Felix & Paul Studios is an EMMY® Award-winning creator of immersive entertainment experiences, creating unparalleled, highly engaging, inspired, presence-based experiences for the next generation of technology-enabled devices and venues.
The studio’s catalogue of over thirty 3D, 360-degree experiences exhibits the “industry’s best” in the new medium of immersive storytelling, including:
- Originals: The Space Explorers series, Traveling While Black, MIYUBI, the Nomads series and Strangers with Patrick Watson;
- Collaborations with world-renowned leaders and performers: President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama, LeBron James, President Bill Clinton, Eminem, Wes Anderson, Brie Larson, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Murray and many others; and
- Productions with notable franchises: Jurassic World, Cirque du Soleil, Fox Searchlight’s Wild and Isle of Dogs, and The Confessionals series with Just for Laughs (starring Howie Mandel, Lilly Singh, Jud Apatow and Trevor Noah).
The studio’s content is available for distribution in a range of immersive formats including 360-degree mobile on 5G-enabled smartphones and tablets, 360-degree fulldome projection in domes and planetariums, fully-immersive virtual reality (VR) on Oculus and other high-quality headsets, Giant Screen projection for science centers, space welcome centers and large-format cinemas, and the touring life-scale immersive exhibit, THE INFINITE, produced in partnership with PHI Studio. Felix & Paul Studios is the leading Space Media Company and the only media company recognized as an “Official Implementation Partner” by the ISS U.S. National Laboratory.
Reporting to the CTO, the Senior Developer is responsible for leading and contributing to the development efforts of FPS’ software, real-time engine and plugins (UE4) as well as building tools for the experienced team. More specifically, his tasks and responsibilities include:
- Design and develop core components and features of a real-time application
- Participate in the hire, coaching and management of the development team.
- Conduct needs analysis and write specs for all IT development projects.
- Develop and provide support to other developers to code required solutions and applications.
- Troubleshoot software-related issues that the post-production team runs into.
- Provide recommendations to overcome setbacks and improve performance in the experience team.
- Oversee the quality assurance process for all applications, scripts and functionalities developed by the team.
- Take part in investigations and lead software development R&D activities.
- Manage multimedia integration in collaboration with the experience team.
- At least 7 years of work experience of software development in a technology intensive environment (Unreal and Real-time Engine experience required)
- Good communication skills, both in French and English
- Detail oriented and organised
- C/C++, Python
- Strong cross platform development skills
- Knowledge of GPU computations, 3D APIs, automation, scripting, computer vision and computer graphics
- Experienced with Virtual/Augmented/Mixed-Reality, Unreal Engine rendering pipeline
Felix & Paul Studios Inc. is an equitable employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age. The masculine form is used in the offers to shorten the text.
Felix & Paul Studios Inc. est un employeur équitable. Nous offrons à tous les mêmes opportunités d’accès à l’emploi sans distinction de genre, ethnicité, religion, orientation sexuelle, handicap et d’âge. La forme masculine est utilisée dans les offres afin d’alléger le texte.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.