Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Cineplex | Cineplex Digital Media | | Cineplex Media | Cineplex Store | Player One Amusement Group | Playdium | The Rec Room | SCENE
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support the design and development of customized digital applications for direct use by our customers
- Manage, prioritize and communicate your workload and tasks to team members through-out project execution
- Adaptable developer who is willing and able to take on and learn multiple technologies and their application within our solutions
- Participate in the solution integration testing, quality assurance, debugging and root cause analysis
- Contribute and receive feedback during the development life-cycle to improve products and platform
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- 8+ years experience building back end and full stack web applications
- Proficiency with .NET Core, ASP.NET Web API, .NET MVC and C#
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience building and integrating with RESTful API’s
- Experience with PaaS on Azure
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Issue & Project Tracking Software (e.g. DevOps, Jira, etc.)
- Experience with modern SPA frameworks (either React or Angular) and TypeScript
- Experience with accessibility, web application performance testing
- Experience working within Agile development teams
- Experience with Git
What Sets You Apart:
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, particularly for web-based applications
- Strong understanding of web-based software architectures and technologies
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.