When you join Turnitin, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let’s make change together.
As a Senior Software Quality Automation Engineer, you will Implement and execute test plans for Turnitin’s suite of products throughout the full software lifecycle. A Senior QA Automation Engineer works within an Agile team to develop and measure quality assurance standards while maintaining and expanding test case and test automation coverage. You will also publish test results, help triage bugs, compose acceptance criteria for stories, and mentor fellow teammates on quality engineering best practices.
- Works with the team to define, develop and implement quality assurance best practices and procedures: test strategies, test plans, test cases, and other quality-related assessments for their scrum team
- Participates in all aspects of testing; including functional, regression, integration, and scale testing
- Works collaboratively with their scrum team during all project stages to provide in-process testing results
- Design, write, execute, and maintain automated and manual tests
- Augment development teams with enhancing unit and integration tests
- Perform root cause analysis for issues reported by users and uncovered by test results
- Investigate, record, triage and track defects, and verify their fixes
- Participates in major code releases as required
- Participates in code review process
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 5+ years of hands-on application programming and/or test automation/framework experience in an Agile development environment
- Minimum 2 years working with and testing API / Restful services(manual or automation)
- Experience with one or more programming language C#, Java
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning
- Strong programming, debugging/troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in UI test automation
- Experience working with CI/CD cycle, Agile methodology, and DevOps pipeline with Jenkins/Bitbucket, Maven, GIT
- Experience with API Test using at least one of the following SOAP UI/REST Assured/Postman.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning – We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership – We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.