PIXELLE SPECIALTY SOLUTIONS
Pixelle Specialty Solutions™ is the largest speciality paper company in North America, with fully integrated pulp and paper operations in Chillicothe, Ohio, Jay, Maine, Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, Stevens Point, Wisconsin and a coating operation in Fremont, Ohio.
Supported by an experienced product development team, Pixelle excels in designing customized solutions that help customers bring new products to market.
With a long history of leadership in the paper industry, Pixelle delivers the most comprehensive portfolio of speciality papers to help you meet today’s challenging demands.
This position is responsible for shift supervision of shipping and warehousing, exterior trucking, overflow storage, releasing and dispatching functions.
· Provide supervision of hourly employees in the shipping location;
· This includes approximately 11-19 employees assigned to the position’s rotating shift;
· Take a leadership role in establishing a safe workplace by following established safety rules and holding all employees accountable for working safely; Maintain a clean and safe workplace through good housekeeping practices;
· Maintain working relationships with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement;
· Possess leadership skills including the ability to communicate a direction and expectations, to lead by example, recognize exceptional performance, deal with non-performance, and understand when and how to involve people correctly;
· Supervise the effective training of people, assigning work, counselling, appraising, transferring, and providing disciplinary action, as necessary within provisions of formal agreements between management and recognized employee bargaining groups;
· Prepare weekly employee work schedules;
· Coordinate activities with another shift supervisor (s);
· Direct the efficient operation of the shipping department;
· Ensure inventory accuracy through direct supervision of the receiving, storage and outbound functions, and a perpetual cycle counting process;
· Work closely with Logistics, Customer Service, Integrated Planning & Scheduling, and Converting to ensure on-time delivery to our customers;
· Strive for continuous improvement by recommending new and improved methods, standards, procedures and cost reduction ideas.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required;
· Three to five (3-5) years experience supervising in a union environment required;
· Experience managing in a warehousing environment preferred;
· Strong people/team-building skills;
· Self-starter and intrinsically motivated;
· Must demonstrate pro-active skills in problem identification and developing solutions;
· Good problem solving, organization skills, and decision making;
· Knowledge of SAP/Optivision systems preferred;
· Must be detailed oriented.
Competitive healthcare benefits package and 401K match.