We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
This IT Solution Architect role is within Experian Information Technology Services (EITS) division that provides and supports the infrastructure and platforms.
This role is within the UK&I region supporting both UK&I and EMEA, but EITS is a global division and you will be working with people from many countries and cultures.
The role is within a team of five Solution Architects that design the solutions to host Experian service consumed by both clients and internally. Whilst we are a team, each team member works on their own portfolio of projects and is accountable for the solution on each of them, supported by an IT governance framework.
The key objectives of the role are:
- Support for the new request process
- Provision of the bridge between business service owners/application developers and infrastructure IT teams
- Documentation of high-level business processes in collaboration with application/service owners
- Documentation and management of business and solution functional/non-functional requirements
- Working with technology and business stakeholders to influence and collaborate
- Identification and documentation of risks associated with the solution proposed, and those identified but outside scope
- Accountability for ensuring that IT Infrastructure solutions meet the requirements
- Working across infrastructure domains
- Designing pragmatic solutions using architectural patterns to meet customers’ needs and align with organisational strategy
- Facilitating discussions to find alternative or different approaches to problems where standards do not meet the requirements
- Cost estimation for documented solution options
- Documentation of the High-Level and Low-Level/Detailed-Level Designs
- Support for the project delivery process to deliver the solutions as documented in the LLD/DLD
The role requires a high degree of interaction with other teams, and there may not always be one solution to a problem. Aside from technical experience and knowledge, the role requires excellent judgment and influencing skills. As a person, you will have:
- A steady, calming, logical and methodical approach to solving difficult challenges
- Problem-solving skills to identify and document practical solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to clearly communicate a technical portfolio to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A proactive “self-starter” attitude
- A passion for technology and the curiosity to look at what’s around the corner
Knowledge and Experience
The role has a lot of responsibility, so we are looking for previous experience in a similar role. The successful candidate will have:
- An in-depth understanding of infrastructure architecture
- Strong technical knowledge across infrastructure domains
- A good understanding of cloud technologies & microservices architecture
and you will have experience of:
- Managing multiple customer engagements concurrently
- Technical and business stakeholder management
- Leading virtual teams
- Designed both legacy infrastructure and cloud services/microservices solutions
- Working with both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Working within an IT governance framework
Experian is a regulated business so experience of working in such and environment is an advantage, as is good understanding of:
- Information Security controls
- GDPR requirements
- FCA and PCI-DSS guidelines/requirements
Advantageous but not essential
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in leading an IT Governance Framework
- Good understanding of software licensing models
- Experian of working in a diverse global organisation
- ITIL certification
- Relevant technical certifications, e.g., AWS, Azure, Cisco, TOGAF, etc.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.