With a proud history dating back 133 years, the Bosch Group now employs roughly 403,000 people across 165 countries. As a leading IoT company, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected manufacturing.
The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves the quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.” To this day, Bosch remains privately owned, with 92% held by a charitable trust.
Our regional activities cover a diverse range of product groups including:
- Power tools
- Household appliances
- Automotive technology
- Automotive aftermarket parts and components
- Hot water & heating solutions
- Security systems
- Drive and control technology
- Software solutions
If you are motivated, innovative and excited about working with some of the world’s leading technology, then a career with Bosch is for you.
Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty Ltd – is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Undergraduate Student Engineer (Cybersecurity) to join our Cross-Domain Computing Solutions Team for 12 months, full time commencing June 2021.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will gain invaluable experience and knowledge as an integral part of our Cross Domain Computing Solutions Team.
Some of the tasks that you will undertake with us include:
- With the support of Senior Engineers and your Line Manager, conduct investigations or tests and evaluate results and analyse data obtained. Ensure that the raw data, results and conclusions are recorded in a Development Report.
- Contribute to verification and validation activities, needed to guarantee that product designs comply with customer and internal specifications, are carried out in timely and technically competent manner.
- Ensure test equipment, component procurement for samples, production drawings and specifications are available in a timely fashion so as not to jeopardise project timing or quality.
- Ensure that all documentation required to support a product’s introduction into production is available as required and its quality is to the expected level.
- Contribute to improving product designs to reduce costs, improve quality/reliability, and increase productivity.
- Proactively search for potential risks, investigate solutions to mitigate those risks and escalate where applicable in early stage.
- Keep timesheets up to date to ensure accurate recording of activities and to support our claims.
You will find opportunities to develop your expertise and broaden your tertiary studies. A strong support network will smooth your entry into working life: a supervisor and professional engineers will be there to help you succeed.
You will be meticulous to detail, have the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines, work well with teams and have excellent organisational and communications skills.
To be considered for our Student Program, you should be able to demonstrate an interest and skill in the following
- Mandatory Requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in an Engineering degree
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be legally entitled to work full time (38 hours per week) in Australia
- Desirable skills:
- Python and C language coding knowledge
- Experience with Cyber security concepts would be an advantage
- Good understanding of Product Life Cycle (PLC) and Defect management lifecycle
- Security concept development, security requirements, security quality management, architectural development
- Defect management and analysis
- Verification and validation
As a values based organisation, we foster and engage a high-performing culture, and value and promote a diverse workforce, supporting equal opportunities for all of our employees. Bosch provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and develop skills while working in a professional environment of a large, progressive multinational organisation, championing quality and innovation.
As an employer, we offer you:
- A diverse and broad student placement
- Excellent training and development opportunities to complement your tertiary studies
- Attractive remuneration and conditions
- A staff discount on company products
- On site car parking
- A internal network of students, to support your placement and learning
- Access to an Employee Volunteering Program
Applying for this vacancy
If this role interests you and you are excited to work with Bosch, send in your application and include your Cover Letter, Resume and Academic Transcript in one single document (PDF or Word) outlining how you meet the requirements of the position.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or hold appropriate Australian work rights to apply for this role.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.