Website GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF KANAWHA VALLEY, INC
At Goodwill Industries of Kanawha Valley, Inc., (GIKV) we assist people with disabilities and other vocational disadvantages to achieve full participation and integration into society through the power of work. Be a part of the Goodwill family where we train and lives change!
We envision persons with barriers to employment being able to choose rewarding employment, achieve financial security, and build careers and lives for themselves and their families, thus enriching our communities. We are currently growing and are looking for experienced individuals to support us in this endeavor.
Responsible for the development of unique training courses and programs for the organization and its employees. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under the supervision of the Director of HR, the creates training schedules for all company departments, as well as tracks and creates reports on outcomes of all training and maintain training records.
- Trains new hires on company policies and procedure and use the best training methods for a specific purpose or audience.
- Gathers and evaluates information from employees and management on previous training to identify weaknesses and areas that need additional training.
- Attends seminars and meetings to learn new training methods and techniques and use knowledge to prepare and coordinate future training sessions.
- Markets company training opportunities to employees and provide information on benefits to encourage participation.
- Informs employees of scheduled training and tracks their progress.
- In collaboration with the Director of HR, recommends training materials and methods, as well as orders and maintains in-house training equipment/facilities.
- Under the supervision of the Director of HR, assists in development and implementation of department and position-specific trainings.
- Works closely with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee to ensure that the committee’s trainings are effectively communicated to the organization.
- Works closely with the organization’s workers’ compensation vendor and in collaboration with the Director of HR to facilitate Return to Work Program training and required/recommended safety training.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or HR related field preferred. One to three years related experience and/or training that include HR function; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Learning Management System (LMS) experience preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Beginning salary starts at $40,000 – $45,000.00 annually.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.