An opportunity has arisen for a results-driven, focussed and passionate person to become part of a dynamic Transport team in Northern Ireland depot as a Transport Planner. The role will involve working in our Larne office.
This position is ideal for someone who is excited about building the most cost-effective and service efficient plan possible and then delivering that through skills allocation, vehicle management and driver’s hour’s management whilst providing a safe working environment.
- Maximising driver and vehicle utilisation – allocating people by taking into account safety, service and cost implications
- Fleet control
- Liaising with customers – external & internal departments
- Liaison with Warehouse to ensure an integrated and speedy intake/outload
- Liaison with Maintenance to comply with service requirements
- Fuel management and best operating practices
- Ensuring legal compliance (i.e. Drivers hours, RTD, & O Licence requirements)
- Maintenance and promotion of a safe working environment
- Maintaining administrative procedures
Key Skills/Job Requirements:
- An innovative thinker who pursues goals with drive, creativity and tenacity
- PC literate (including spreadsheets)
- Geographical knowledge
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff & management
- Flexibility regarding shifts – days/backs including weekend working
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to work alone and on own initiative
Previous experience of working in a Transport Department would be an advantage
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.