The Ministry of Health, Business Services and Facilities Branch seeks team players to perform warehousing, inventory, shipping and receiving duties.
This position is an essential service and requires warehouse clerks to be on-call on a rotational basis. In emergencies, if on-call, you would need to come into the warehouse to fill and pack orders after hours.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- unload, inspect, identify and record incoming shipments
- transfer goods to designated areas
- pick items from the bulk warehouse
- fill and pack orders according to pick slips
- load goods onto trucks or commercial carriers
- operate and perform minor preventative maintenance on equipment
How do I qualify?
- You possess a valid forklift or reach lift truck certificate.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- You have demonstrated knowledge of warehousing, receiving and shipping practices and procedures to perform inventory counts, ensure the accurate quantity of goods and note discrepancies.
- You have proven knowledge of computerized inventory control systems.
- You have the ability to operate a 360 Carousel System.
Other Essential Skills
- You have demonstrated experience processing customer orders, shipping, unloading, inspecting, identifying and recording incoming shipments (e.g. pharmaceuticals, supplies, forms and publications).
- You have the ability to lift individual packages in excess of 25 kilograms.
- You can operate forklift and loading equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- You are able to follow oral and written instructions.
- You can work effectively in a team environment.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti- racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require disability-related accommodation.
- 2 Temporary – Seasonal, duration up to 3 months, 99 Adesso Dr, Concord, Central Region
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.