About the Cashier Job in Canada
Reporting to the Cashier Department Head (or his/her delegates), the Cashier is responsible to provide good service to our customers by building rapport, fulfilling their requests, and providing fast and accurate checkout service.
1. Create a good customer experience via delivering fast and accurate checkout service, prevent possible fraud (PLU # input, Scan merchandise, transaction discrepancies, identify counterfeit/fake cards)
2. Provide customers with proper packing services (light items on top of heavy items, separation of hot and cold, raw and cooked classification)
3. Greet customers by providing good customer service with smile, friendly enthusiasm
4. Timely processing of fresh and frozen goods; prevent and minimize shortages
5. Record totals of transactions and calculate total payments received during a time period accurately
6. Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they are well-kept and are working appropriately; maintain checkout area cleanliness
7. Perform any other duties as assigned by the superior
1. Demonstrate job commitment, accountability, reliable
2. A good team player, able to collaborate with and assist other colleagues
3. Possess a positive, proactive, self-motivated work attitude
4. Good attendance record, comply with company’s rules and regulations
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
1. Flexible to work in shifts, including weekdays, weekends, evening hours and statutory holidays
2. Be prepared to stand for a long time and able to use work-related tools in a safe manner
3. Able to communicate in English and Chinese (Cantonese &/or Mandarin)
4. Knowledge of basic work safety, Canadian currencies, and essential mathematics
5. Relevant experience in handling cash is preferred
- Part Time
About the Brand
T & T Supermarket is a Canadian supermarket chain which sells primarily numerous forms of Asian foods. The supermarket chain is headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia. In 1993, the first T & T was opened in Burnaby’s Metropolis at Metrotown, a shopping centre in the Metrotown area in Metro Vancouver.
⚠️ NOTE: Once you click on the Apply Now Button you will be directed to the career page of concerned job provider, Our Jobs Portal & Facebook is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.
⚠️ Be careful – Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious email us.