Electrician Jobs In Canada – The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades in Trenton, Ontario is looking for a skilled Electrician to join their team.
- Location: Trenton, ON, CA
- Company: Cascades
About the Company – CASCADES
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe.
With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country.
The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Our mill in Trenton, Ontario, located on the bank of the Trent River, boasts a 90 year history. We are looking for a skilled Electrician to join our team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor – Electrical, this role is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- assist in the inspection, testing, adjusting and evaluation of new systems and ensure they conform to company and industry standards
- execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all production equipment and systems in a timely manner
- utilize the computerized maintenance management system for processing work orders, PM’s and updating the equipment databases
- provide technical support for production and maintenance
- support divisional and corporate objectives including health & safety, productivity, continuous improvement, innovation, quality, waste and 5S.
Qualifications Electrician Jobs in Canada
- post-secondary education in an electrical, electronics or instrumentation program with 309A or 442A Electrical Certification
- 2 years of work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- proven experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, Siemens/Moore DCS, AC and DC drive systems and some Autocad experience is preferred
- exceptional troubleshooting and technical skills
- energetic and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and possesses a strong safety focus
- proficient in Microsoft Office applications and maintenance management software
- available and flexible to work in a fast paced environment, be self-driven to meet or exceed targets and work a flexible schedule that includes planned, unplanned and on-call shifts
You must also have:
- With the appropriate safety precautions, must be able to tolerate heights, dusty, noisy and odorous conditions and be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in confined space and have knowledge of entry regulations.
- Must have computer skills or agree to be trained and be able to apply the needed skills.
- Must be available to work shift/ weekend/ overtime/on call duty.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Extensive knowledge of the theory and practice of electricity including polyphase circuits and good working knowledge of 110 to 27,600 volt equipment and circuits.
- Ability to read plans and make rough sketches.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex systems.
- Ability to provide work direction and training to others.
The hours of work for this position are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday with a rotational on-call requirement. Employees are expected to respond within 30 minutes of a page. Electrician Jobs in Canada
The present rate of pay per the Unifor Local 1470 collective agreement is $34.00/hr.
⚠️ NOTE: Once you click on the Apply Now Button you will be directed to the career page of concerned job provider, Our Jobs Information Portal & Facebook is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.
⚠️ Be careful – Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious email us.
I want a electrician job
I am interested
I am agreed