Website MATRIX PROFESSIONAL STAFFING SOLUTIONS INC.
Matrix is a full-service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
Our client is looking for an Accountant, Real Estate to join their Toronto-based real estate, accounting team.
You will be responsible for interacting with third-party property managers and the oversight of the day-to-day accounting functions for a diversified and growing portfolio of properties. This is a comprehensive position and requires the individual to have a solid understanding of all aspects of accounting.
You will be part of a high-performing team and supported by the CFO, Real Estate and Assistant Controller, Real Estate.
What You Will Do
- Liaise with third-party property managers and accountants to ensure the integrity, accuracy and completeness of monthly accounting information and property management reports (e.g., financial statements, amortization schedules, tenant recovery schedules, security deposits, accounts payable & receivable, etc.)
- Prepare month end bank reconciliations, journal entries, and support working papers and quarterly financial statements for presentation to external investors
- Assist with the preparation and review of client and portfolio reporting and schedules, including cash flow projections, monthly variance analysis reports, and annual budgets
- Prepare accounting entries for acquisitions and dispositions of investment properties
- Review management fees, leasing fees, chargeback invoices to tenants, HST reconciliations, annual CAM (Common Area Maintenance), and tax final billing adjustments
- Assist the preparation of sales tax filings and annual income tax returns and filings
- Assist the calculation and reporting of net asset valuations (NAV) for an investment fund, including multiple series, on a monthly basis or at interim dates as required
- Support implementation of accounting changes and other process improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and notes in accordance with ASPE, IFRS or a disclosed basis of accounting
- Assist the annual audit process
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned
What You Bring
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience in financial management, preferably in the real estate industry and/or fund management
- Undergraduate degree preferably in accounting or finance
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA-CA, CGA, CMA) or actively enrolled in the CPA program (midway through or nearing completion) is an asset
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills; familiarity with Yardi real estate accounting/reporting software is an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to think logically and effectively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure; dealing with changes and interruptions while maintaining strict deadlines
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
View all of our job listings and find your perfect fit today at http://www.matrixstaffingsolution.com/careers.html
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.
Matrix is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workforce and in our community and are committed to providing equal opportunities in services, access to services and employment opportunities. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion and we welcome all applicants to apply.
#accounting #cpa #mortgage #accountant #finance #tax #bookkeeping #taxes #investing #bankingindustry #business #careers #management #jobs #analyst #jobsearch #linkedinjobs #facebookjobs #jobseeker #projectmanagement #instajobs #technology #realestate #hiring #consulting #humanresources #hotjobs #toronto #jobs #propertymanagement #properties #ontariojobs #jobinterview #customerrelations
Job Type: Full-time
* All persons are required to wear a mask, common surfaces are sanitized regularly *
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.