“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
Organic Growth – Expeditors promotes from within. As a shining example, our CEO started as an entry level employee in our San Francisco office 31 years ago.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Part of a solid team by driving all the Accounting operations within the company, Capital Expenditure, GL Reconciliations, Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, Branch Credit, and assisting the Accounting Manager with the company’s financial affairs.
Finance & Operations:
- Complete the day to day Accounting operations including A/R, A/P, Treasury, Revenue Recognition and Cost Accounting, working closely with the Accounting and Operational teams to review processes, implement best practices and improve productivity.
- Understand and enforce the Capital Expenditure process, including obtaining approval of acquisitions and disposals, maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, and assist in the Annual Inventory certification.
- Maintain and update A/R, A/P Reports keeping the Accounting/Operational and District Managers, and Regional teams updated on branch accounting.
- Contribute to the preparation of the internal monthly accounts (Profit & Loss, and Analysis) as required.
- Present and participate in regular Accounting meetings
- Cover receptionist front desks as required
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year
- Review department goals and personal plans periodically to ensure compliance
- Assist new hires with mandatory training
- Support the Accounting Manager, and the Accounting department.
- Support the branch operational departments in Accounting functions.
- Provide 100% Customer Service with Customers and Service Providers at all times.
- Review, follow and abide by the company internal controls, specifically the Fınancıal Process Control Documentation.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and in being a role model of integrity and pride for all employees.
- Proactively communicate with the team to ensure continuous awareness and understanding of policies and regulations.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Trade Compliance Manager and support all compliance efforts and trainings.
Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements into your department.
Be involved and suggest system/process improvements.
Set the tone of this environment within your department.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel Formulas and Pivot Tables
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to the details.
- Fluent in English
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to financial persons as well as non-financial persons at all levels from Operations to Senior Management to obtain positive results.
- Proven leadership attitude and skills
- Ability to drive through change
- Emotional resilience
- Self-reflecting and open to feedback
- Initiative and ability to work in autonomy
- Role model of integrity and pride for all employees
- Proven leadership attitude and background
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Reliable and accurate
- Being supportive of change
- Taking initiative and working in autonomy
- Being an advocate of Expeditors culture at all times
- Being approachable and proactive
Education and Experience:
2 + years of accounting specific qualification
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- RRSP Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.