LiveStories is a venture-backed company on a mission to build technology solutions allowing Governments to provide assistance to their communities at scale. FORWARD, the technology platform connects businesses and people to national, state, and local resources in one place.
Our fully remote team works hard, but we fully embrace the advantages of this new paradigm. We work autonomously, collaborate asynchronously, and take ownership of our work.
LiveStories seeks a hands-on Accounting Manager to oversee all aspects of the accounting operations of the company. This highly visible position reports directly to the VP of Finance & Operations.
- Own the month-end close process, including the preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and provide budget and forecast variance analyses for the Executive Team.
- Process vendor payments, employee reimbursements, customer billing/invoicing, and payroll (<50 employees) while seeking efficiencies in these areas.
- Calculate and pay all monthly partner payments, in coordination with the Operations Team.
- Onboarding new employees including benefits enrollment.
- Process monthly and annual tax returns, payments, and issue 1099’s.
- Lead initiatives to automate Treasury functions including customer payments.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly bank and investor reporting packages.
- Lead the annual risk management/Insurance renewal process for employee benefits and corporate insurance.
- Partner with an outside legal firm for stock option administration.
- Coordinate with outside audit firms as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of financial schedules for Board of Director meetings.
- Partner with VP of Finance & Operations to create annual budgets and operating forecasts.
- Bachelor’s or related degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- 5 plus years of accounting/finance experience
- An understanding of non-profit accounting, government RFP/grants processes, and reporting requirements is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of multi-state payroll and general ledger accounting, and project accounting.
- Proficient in the use of Accounting software (Quickbooks); high proficiency in PC applications, especially Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle a wide variety of assignments.
- Ability to efficiently perform duties and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Superior problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency in all projects and an ability to prioritize and the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects.
Working at LiveStories:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees including:
- Fully remote position
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% Employee paid medical and dental insurance
- Stock Options
- 401K Plan
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.