Website IBI GROUP
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group is calling on recent and Spring 2022 Architectural graduates to join our busy and growing Architectural practice in Western Canada. You will have the opportunity to work with offices and projects across Alberta and British Columbia. As a member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will collaborate with design and technical leadership and be an integral part of project teams. As part of our Living+ Studio, you will be involved in high-rise residential and mixed-use projects and have an impact on the urban environment.
These job opportunities are available in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary or Edmonton.
Most of the things you’ll work on
- Contribute to the design process by utilizing various software platforms in addition to REVIT such as, the Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketch-up, Enscape, and Grasshopper
- Produce architectural design packages
- Prepare conceptual design packages and follow through to working drawing
- Produce graphics materials and images for client and City presentations
- Assist in product research
- Attend in-house project team meetings
- Prepare meeting minutes and project schedules
- May perform other duties as required
You’ll need to have:
- Master’s degree in Architecture and/or a recognized Institution by the AIBC or AAA OR Diploma in Architectural Technology with related experience
- Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Proficiency with BIM applications specifically REVIT experience required
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape, Photoshop, InDesign and various graphic software
- Proficient in Rhino and Grasshopper is an asset
- Parametric design skill is an asset
We request applicants submit a RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19. When we do return to the office there is the ability to work a hybrid working model.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.