We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the H&M Australia team as an Area HR Manager based in our New Zealand Area Office.
At H&M we believe it’s possible for you to find what you love. We offer you space to create and room to grow — a place where you can belong and truly be yourself. You’ll join a team that is full of life in a company that feels as good as it looks. At H&M, we believe it’s possible because together we make it possible.
Fashion, fun and action!
As one of the world’s largest fashion retailers, H&M offers endless career opportunities. A fast-paced, buzzing environment with great diversity – a place where the customer is always the center of attention.
But what truly makes us stand out are our remarkable team members. From stylish Sales Advisors and Visual Merchandisers to computer whizzes and business aware planners – all our team members share a great ambition and an anything-is-possible attitude. Not to mention an excellent eye for fashion. It’s thanks to them that we have grown – with over 4900 stores in more than 74 markets worldwide.
H&M Australia has its support office in Sydney, covering 37 H&M stores as well as 9 stores in NZ. We recently launched online www.hm.com/au along with our fantastic loyalty program. We are on an exciting journey and would be happy to welcome the right candidate to our team!
Be a people leader & an action-oriented doer. Be an Area HR Business Partner at H&M – working for area New Zealand covering 9 H&M stores.
As an Area HR Business Partner, you work close to the core of our business – Our Stores. Your main objective is to support Sales & Profit by setting an HR strategy to Deliver a Great Customer Experience in line with your Area goals and Country HR focuses.
You support the Area to have Great Teams by ensuring the Global Employee Strategy is in place. You make sure that your Area actively works with succession planning, talent and leadership development, and structured performance management, based on results, values, and leadership.
You ensure we offer all employees fair and attractive working conditions and that all employee relation responsibilities, legal requirements, and H&M policies are fulfilled to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role
Attract, Recruit and Introduce:
- You implement, facilitate and follow up quality recruitment processes
- Together with the Area Team you plan and organise Introduction Training for Store Management teams, make sure it is carried out and then follow this up
- You ensure Introduction Training for Sales Advisors is carried out in your existing and new stores together with Store Management
Learn and Develop:
- Together with the Area Manager, you ensure all Team members in your Area receive regular feedback on their performance and a clear development plan or action plan on how to make improvements
- You map succession planning for your Stores and actively support Store Managers in developing their teams, ensuring they are working with talent and leadership development
- You actively promote our Values and our Company Culture to support our business success. You ensure that all employees in your Stores receive the Global Introduction to H&M’s Values
- You strengthen our Company Culture by promoting feedback in our daily work
Attractive work environment:
- You ensure working conditions comply with local legislation and H&M standards
- You implement and follow up Global H&M policies
- You act as a neutral escalation point for employees and coach Store Management and Area Teams to prevent and resolve team member-related issues
- You analyse HR KPIs and initiate actions to ensure a fair working environment
- Minimum 4 years Human Resources experience.
- Human Resources or Business qualification preferable.
- Able to display high drive with a will to make a difference.
- A strong leader with solid interpersonal skills.
- An overall pro-active mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A natural leader with an ability to inspire others to perform at their very best.
- Interest in working in a dynamic team and fast-paced environment.
- To be flexible to work and travel within your area.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous staff discount at H&M and globally across other H&M Group brands
- Up to 26 weeks paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Enjoy your birthday with an extra day of leave
- Discounts to over 400 fitness studios across Australia and New Zeland
- Modern office with ergonomic work stations for all team members
- Continuous development opportunities in an global company that promotes internal progression
This is a full-time position based in Auckland, New Zealand
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.