Oaks Hotels, Resorts and Suites is one of Australasia’s largest apartment style accommodation providers, managing a portfolio of over 55 properties across five countries.
Nestled amongst some of the most premium Hunter Valley wine producers and set against the Broken Back Mountain Range, sits Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort.
Join Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort as the Assistant Superintendent. You will be responsible for supporting the Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) with the overall management of the Golf Course.
Duties will involve assisting the GCS with:
- Maintenance of all golf course areas, including; greens, roughs, fairways, tees, water bodies, bunkers, maintenance compound, practice facilities and surrounding landscape
- Maintaining detailed records and reports of turf management activities
- Ensuring high level of customer service is provided for course members, daily green fee players, resort guests, tournaments and special events.
- Cultivation programs and disease, insect, and weed control programs to ensure optimal playing surfaces under a wide variety of conditions
- Assist the GCS will other tasks as required.
- Manage Day to Day course operations when GCS is off site or on leave.
Applicants should possess a strong work ethic, be prepared to work overtime and weekends when required and be able to communicate well with fellow staff, managers, and club members.
Take the course tour – https://www.cypresslakes.com.au/cms/course/hole-1/
Each tee and green offers stunning panoramic views of the Hunter Valley’s famous vineyards and the surrounding Brokenback mountain range.
This Championship layout boasts dramatic fairways shapes and elevation changes, 60 strategically located bunkers and generous greens that are in superb condition year round.
Learn more about Golf at Cypress Lakes Resort – https://www.cypresslakes.com.au/cms/golf/
- Comprehensive knowledge of turf management, horticulture, machinery and irrigation
- Formal Qualifications (minimum: Certificate III in Sports Turf Management)
- Strong knowledge of chemicals (AQF 3)
- Exceptional communication, management and leadership skills
- Drivers license
- Irrigation Experience
Join our positive and vibrant team and be rewarded with these team benefits:
- 50% discounts on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands in AUS and NZ.
- Discount when you visit any of our restaurants, cafes, bars and wellness retreats.
- 50% off The Coffee Club VIP membership
- Furniture, Australia Zoo, Medibank insurance discounts.
- Additional paid leave including Birthday, Vaccine and Study leave
- Career progression & education assistance
- Wellbeing programs (Uprise)
- Reward & Recognition programs
Currently, we are only accepting applications from candidates who have working rights within Australia or New Zealand.
As an organisation, Minor Hotels have not mandated the vaccine as part of a team member’s employment. However, we will continue to comply with the health advice and government orders imposed in the states and territories in which we operate in. We do have programs such as Vaccine Leave available to support team member’s ability to access the vaccinations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.