Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet.
We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be Positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service.
With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world’s most recognizable and innovative organizations.
What this Job Entails:
The AV Technician II will join our expanding team onsite with one of our global clients. The hire will be given the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative technologies in the world.
The AV Technician II will provide support for corporate AV/VC environments, and will confidently and quickly analyze problems using technical diagnostic skill sets, in order to effectively support and resolve issues.
Technical responsibilities include high-profile event support, audio, video, conferencing technology, projects, maintenance, support. Traveling to various client offices on occasion is required.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues
- Requires some instruction on new assignments and infrequent checks on daily work
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the installation of all AV equipment and displays to include: audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, control systems and all presentation systems.
- Perform installation of structured cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, RGB, HDMI, DVI, and audio cables.
- Ensure that SLAs and daily deliverables are met including ticket updates
- Upload Crestron control programs to control processors and work with the remote program team on control system certification.
- Assist with inventory, including weekly/monthly stock levels, returning product (RMA) and inventory DOA issues.
- Follow all policies, standards or safety guidelines that client requires
- Engage in problem solving and troubleshooting of any issue that may arise during an installation.
- Perform equipment setups, breakdowns and troubleshoot issues during events.
- Perform all necessary pre-event checks as required.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams and internal users before and during events.
- Interface with end users and vendors to address requests and requirements.
- Identify and solve issues that impact client conference rooms.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities assigned to this position
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 to 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Builds productive internal and external working relationships
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Ability to think and work independently
- Strong understanding of wiring and termination skills as well as proper installation techniques of all AV equipment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Understanding of reading/understanding architecture, electrical, structural & AV systems drawings
- Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts and travel to support a distant event if required
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Various certifications
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Must be able to sit, stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
- Must have dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other office equipment
- Must have ability to climb ladder, scaffolding or transported by lifts
- Must have the ability to drive/operate a vehicle in a safe manner
- Must be able to regularly lift and transport up to 15 pounds, as well as frequently lift and or transport moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
- Must have the ability to perform office-related tasks which may include prolonged sitting or standing
- Must have the ability to move from place to place within an office environment
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively
What can Astreya offer you?
- Employment in the fast-growing IT space providing you with a variety of career options
- Opportunity to work with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Introduction to new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- Focus on internal promotion and internal mobility – we love to build teams from within
- Free 24/7 accessible Professional Development through LinkedIn Learning and other online courses to give you opportunities to upskill at your own pace
- Education Assistance
- Dedicated management to provide you with on point leadership and care
- Numerous on the job perks
- Market competitive compensation and insurance, health and wellness benefits
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.