Website VERSION 1
We pledge “to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer’s businesses”. We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company – we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
AWS Enterprise Architects are masters at systems architecture and IT management. They also use their knowledge in business administration to assist with the decisions in a company’s IT investment policy. Their main duties include:
- Determining the technology system architecture and functional design needed to support and meet company business goals
- Setting the context, defining common elements and creating patterns and standards to apply the details at a project level
- Assisting management and stakeholders in evaluating the business’ mission and ensuring that the company uses its IT assets effectively
- Documenting the process using multiple architectural models
- Generating graphic representations and abstracts of the system architecture models
- Evaluating existing IT systems for exposure or weaknesses that could compromise performance, security or efficiency
- First-hand experience developing and building models based on The Enterprise Framework
- Implementing shared infrastructure to optimise information management systems
- Strong AWS Architecture knowledge and design pattern experience.
- Bachelor’s of Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience as an Enterprise Architect or Solution Architect or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years developing reference architectures, architecture frameworks,
- Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions.
- Experience speaking at large customer-facing events
- Experience writing whitepapers, blogs
- Conducting webinars
- Experience working with executive audiences
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Knowledge of common business and IT metrics/KPIs
- Knowledge of of the cloud services, market segments and customer base
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently and work through ambiguity
- Certification in Zachman, TOGAF or CITA-P
- Experience working with benefit/value realization frameworks or methods (e.g. Cranfield BDN, Prince2, PMI’s BRM, etc.)
- AWS Associate Architect and AWS Professional Architect certification
- AWS Speciality certification (any one)
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.