Are you a dedicated and compassionate individual who is looking to make a difference in the lives of our Continuing Care Residents by providing person-centred care?
Come and join the Heart of Excellence
Intercare is a fully accredited Alberta based company providing health and life enrichment services in continuing care centres since 1992. Our purpose is to maintain dignity, offer choice and support growth to those we serve.
Here at Intercare, our employees drive the success of our organization through the implementation of our core values. Without the dedication and commitment of our employees, Intercare would not have grown into a leader in the continuing care sector.
That’s why we make every effort as an organization to provide our valued employees a safe, healthy, and rewarding work environment.
Location: Chinook Care Centre,
Position Type: Full-time Permanent position available
Shift: Days: 7 am to 3 pm
Salary: $19.02 to $22.32 per hour (based on experience and qualifications)
- Responsible for the provision of quality food service and baking for facility customers (residents, guests, staff).
- Follows policies and procedures, menus and work routines.
- Ensures a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Works in partnership to improve the performance of individuals, teams and the organization in providing improved customer service for residents, guests, and staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Brings a caring, compassionate and empathetic approach.
- Baker Certificate is required.
- Previous experience in institutional Cooking preferred
- Certification as a Journeyman Cook
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Experience with therapeutic diets and food preparation to ensure residents are receiving prescribed meals.
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as outlined, including physical activities such as standing, walking, bending, stretching, and lifting heavy objects. Must be free of allergies or related conditions which may be aggravated by work with detergents, soaps, and chemicals regularly used in the department.
- Demonstrates concern and interest in providing quality care and service for residents.
- Demonstrates effective communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to function as an effective team member with other staff, residents, families, and the public.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found
Intercare’s Values: Respect | Compassion | Commitment | Service | Ethics
Intercare employees enjoy the following:
- Work/life balance
- Competitive compensation package
- Company events
- Educational opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- A respectful and positive working environment
For more information, visit https://www.intercarealberta.com/
To apply for this job please visit intercare-openhire.silkroad.com.