TAYLOR AND FRANCIS
The Company – Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
We are looking to add a Commercial Director (US) to our Reprints Team. You will be representing the Company to clients, both direct to the pharmaceutical industry and via agents or medical communication agencies.
The role is responsible for achieving annual territory sales targets through sustainable and consultative account management and maintaining an awareness of the business and competitive trading environment. Reporting to the Client Services Director you will be an important member of the team in helping us drive sales and re-use of our published content to the US pharmaceutical industry.
Closing date for applications: July 25, 2022
What you’ll be doing:
- Achieving and exceeding annual territory sales targets across each profit center, contributing to the overall revenue and profit objectives of the division.
- Plans, schedules and carries out regular sales visits to customers to achieve financial targets within own sales region across product portfolio, customizing sales documentation and tools to maximize sales opportunities.
- Cultivate strong, holistic relationships with the customer base, working to ensure that trading with each account is sustainable, profitable and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction
- Report periodically to managers on sales progress and the business environment, thus ensuring responsiveness to both the micro and macro trading conditions.
- Collects and disseminates market, competitor, and client feedback, including passing on leads where the client and business would be better served by a different T&F channel/offering.
- Establish a strategic approach to the short, medium and long term business on territory, to ensure that activity is both relevant and flexible to the evolving trading environment over time.
- Uphold Company trading and terms policy in order to protect profitability and value of business in territory.
- Prepares for, attends, and contributes to sales meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence.
- Actively liaise with stakeholder departments or groups within the business to enhance T&F’s coverage of the territory – may include credit control, editorial, marketing and sales support.
- Selection and adaptation of sales materials and analytics for regular customer visits.
What we’re looking for:
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Some experience (1-3 years) of working in a sales environment, with an understanding of the demands placed on sales and the support needs of a sales team.
- Understanding of Open Access licensing.
- Knowledge of the academic publishing industry or the book trade
- Competent user of core MS Office package.
Skills and Behaviors Required
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively.
- Consultative sales skills and a customer focused approach.
- Willingness to travel extensively on territory and to clients, conferences, book fairs and occasional travel to the UK office as required by the company.
- Target driven approach and the skills to manage sales budgets.
- Consultative sales skills and the ability to influence.
- Ability to create and maintain positive and effective relationships with the sales team and other internal colleagues.
- A clear communicator, comfortable communicating in writing and verbally, with excellent grammar and spelling.
- Language skills appropriate to territory.
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
What we offer in return:
- Annual base salary range of up to $90,000 commensurate with experience + bonus
- Ample paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Paid leave for life events such as moving or wedding
- Medical & vision benefits
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- You must have the right to work and live in United States.
- This is a remote opportunity open to anyone within the United States.
- Occasional travel to our office in Philadelphia may be required (1-4x annually)
- Domestic and international travel to other T&F offices, including the United Kingdom, may be required (1-2x annually)
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, well-being and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.