SODEXO CANADA LTD
Catering Supervisor – Ciena ( 83231-001)
- 385 Terry Fox Drive, Ottawa, ON K2K 0L1
- From Monday to Friday
- Usually between 7am to 4pm
- Salary according to experience between 21 to 23 $/h
- Reservation, preparation and delivery of catering orders
- Supervision of the Catering service
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion! Our Corporate Resource Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next Catering Supervisor. This role is based at our client Ciena office. Ideally you have a strong background in very high-end catering venues.
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
How you will make an impact:
Working in collaboration with the Chef Manager, this role will provide supervision on the planning, coordination, and execution of events. Some duties will include but are not limited to:
- Suggesting menus and taking orders for catering orders
- Responsible for the successful delivery of events
- Coordination the catering orders of the day
- Gathering orders and preparing the events of the day
- Setting the rooms as required
- Delivering and cleaning at required time
- Responsible for coordinating and installing the layout for the event space according to the client’s requirements and health & safety requirements.
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed by you and all staff working during the events.
- Supervise quality of services, food, and health standards
- Gather feed back and improve standards
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Preferably of 1-2 years’ experience in selling, planning and service of events
- The ability to work well independently and possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Strong initiative and hospitality orientation; organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment, discreet and able to maintain confidential information
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- 2021 Canada’s Best Diversity Employer
- 2021 Canada’s Greenest Employers
- 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index featured company
- Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program company – Gold Level
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.