Website Penguin Recruitment
CDM Consultant/Principal Designer
£40,000 – £45,000 + Benefits
Taunton, South West (Remote Based)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within one of the UK’s leading and fastest-growing Environmental and Engineering Consultancies, who are globally recognized and are set to become the largest privately-owned environmental and engineering organization in Europe!
This well-established company has seen tremendous year-on-year growth and due to new continued success, are looking to recruit an ambitious CDM Consultant/Principal Designer to join their team in the South West.
Key Duties of the CDM Consultant/Principal Designer:
- Provide CDM advisor and Principal Designer support to clients, advising on all H&S and CDM2015 regulations
- Carry out audits of clients Health & Safety procedures and management systems
- Attend design/progress meetings and undertaking site audits/inspections during the construction phase
- Carry out accident investigations when required
- Produce formal policies and procedures to be issued to clients
- Carry out site audits and produce site audit reports
- Ensure all Health & Safety documentation is fully compliant with current legislation
- Act as the first point of contact for all aspects of CDM regulation and legislation compliance for client, contractor and designer
The Successful CDM Consultant/Principal Designer will possess:
- NEBOSH General & NEBOSH Construction certificate
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a principal designer and in construction health & safety
- Experience in working on civil engineering construction projects
- Excellent working knowledge of CDM2015 and H&S legislation
- Tech/GradIOSH membership
- Hold membership of APS (The Association of Project Safety)
- Full driving license
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent client facing skills with the ability to understand clients’ needs
A basic salary of up to £45,000 is on offer depending on experience (up to £50k for senior level applicants), along with a very attractive benefits package and ongoing career and professional development. To be considered for the role, please contact Angelina at Penguin Recruitment on 0121 442 3924 or email your CV direct to for immediate consideration.
Similar Job titles: CDM Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Safety and Risk Consultant, Senior CDM Advisor
Commutable locations: Exeter, Bridgwater, Barnstaple, Sailsbury, Weston-Super-Mare, Exmouth, Plymouth, South West, Truro, Falmouth, Newquay, South West, Devon, Dorset, Cornwall.
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.