CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel is seeking a Channel Coordinator to execute day-to-day content (AVOD and live) publishing operations and performance analysis for Mattel’s portfolio of YouTube channels. This position will work with their Associate Manager on the assigned categories of video distribution, analytics, and optimization. They will also work cross-functionally with the YouTube Strategy and creative teams to ensure consistency of voice and execution of programming strategy.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Work closely with Associate Managers, to publish videos and create metadata aligned with channel strategy and platform best practices.
- Coordinate with Graphics Design Associate to develop optimized thumbnails for each video. This includes outlining per-video thumbnail design requests and organization of A/B tests.
- Regularly update channel and content curations, including creation of playlists, updating channel banners, trailers, and rotating channel shelves.
- In partnership with the Creative team, execute against a video delivery workflow, including asset management and organization.
- Collaborate with the Strategy team to execute against a portfolio of programming calendars.
- Assist in obtaining metadata translations.
- Create compilation and video string out for upload
- Requisition and apply closed captioning files to content as needed.
- Create title and descriptions for each upload that aligns with YouTube and Brand best practices
- Periodically launch, operate, and wind down per-channel livestreams
- Other channel management responsibilities as the business continues to evolve.
- Executes on processes developed by YouTube Operations team, in coordination with their department manager and cross-functional teams.
- Document and interrogate performance data of uploads in real-time against benchmarks.
- Assist the Associate Manager in providing regular channel and content performance updates to cross-functional teams.
- Execute and report on test & learn initiatives developed in collaboration with the strategy team.
- Provide monthly reporting on key KPIs across various international markets
- Using, analyzing, and storytelling through data from the YouTube CMS to the appropriate sharing/presentation format (e.g. PowerPoint and/or Keynote).
- Apply adjustments to video metadata and thumbnails based on results of real-time performance data
- Applying data-backed changes (e.g. updating video title, tags, elements of thumbnail design) to video metadata within the first few hours of publishing.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and YouTube best practices, specifically in the kid & family, entertainment, fashion, lifestyle, doll, vehicle, and toy spaces.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in content publishing.
- Experience working with children’s content on YouTube in some capacity.
- Video editing experience is preferred (Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Strong time management, planning, and project execution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and extract insights to create recommendations.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.