Website WEST NIPISSING GENERAL HOSPITAL
The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The West Nipissing General Hospital collaborates with the Ontario Telemedicine Network to provide consultations and follow-up visits with specialists. In addition, Ontario Telemedicine Network hosts numerous education events for both staff members and physicians. The West Nipissing General Hospital offers a satellite Oncology program through the Regional Cancer Program of Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre. Chemotherapy services are provided to the residents of West Nipissing
The West Nipissing General Hospital (WNGH) is a small rural 99-bed hospital located on the shore of Lake Nipissing, 45 KM west of North Bay and 100 KM east of Sudbury. As a fully accredited hospital, we operate a 24/7 ED, provide both outpatient and inpatient services as well as a 48-bed Interim Long Term Care Unit and a Mental Health & Substance Abuse program.
We are currently seeking a Chief Nursing Officer reporting to the President & CEO, assuming an executive and strategic role in the hospital.
Job Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $109,593.35 – $115,169.60
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- Day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all nursing and pharmacy-related activities
- Effective leadership in the development and evaluation of short and long-term strategic objectives
- Provides guidance and counsel to the Senior Team on all nursing and pharmacy matters
- Provides strong management and nursing leadership to the organization
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
- Masters of Science in Nursing or Health Care Administration an asset
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 5 years of experience functioning in an Executive position
- 5 years of nursing management experience in the health care sector
- Must be knowledgeable of the complex changing environment in healthcare and have demonstrated clinical and fiscal success in previous positions
- Must be able to work well with the Senior Team, Physicians, Board of Directors, regulatory agencies, patients and families and all personnel
- Ability to maintain strong and healthy relationships within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.