ROSOND has serviced most of South Africa’s blue-chip mining houses, expanding its operations over several decades. As the largest privately owned drilling company in Southern Africa we are ready to position our business for the future while taking care of its human capital.
The Chief Safety Officer is responsible to ensure effective health, safety, and environmental management system is implemented and maintained. Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating risk management, policies, and programs, trains employees in occupational health and safety procedures, monitors and audits the workplace, and records and investigates incidents to ensure safe and healthy working conditions.
To further inspect all equipment, working conditions and to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations, in relation to occupational health and safety.
- Providing technical advice and guidance on safety issues, developing procedures and monitoring adherence to health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Establishing and promoting the maintenance of safe working conditions and recommending ways to improve on overall safety conditions.
- Carrying out periodic site inspections to assess risks and ensure internal controls are in place.
- Compiling accurate safety reports and submitting them on time.
- Breadth of exposure or experience across all aspects of the occupational health, environment, hygiene and safety management in the workplace.
- Understanding of legal and commercial issues that may be affected by your role.
- Ability to work independently in a project environment and collaborating and interfacing with other disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with internal business and the client representatives.
- Flexibility and willingness to visit drill sites as necessary.
- Computer literate and fully conversant with the Microsoft suite of applications.
- National Diploma or Degree or relevant qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Health/Science or related field.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in a Mining Environment as a Chief Safety Officer.
- Mining and or drilling environment experience or exposure in a senior role.
- NEBOSH international diploma or equivalent. SAMTRAC will also suffice.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing requirements of OHSAS 18001 (ISO45001:2018), ISO 14001 and ISO 9001. Internal auditor certificate will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook email.
- Valid Driver’s License
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.