Dillon Consulting Limited
Do you have a passion for civil engineering and providing exceptional technical solutions to community projects across Ontario and Canada? Do you enjoy sharing your technical expertise with others?
Are you committed to the development of yourself and others? Do you like working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a trusted technical advisor and problem solver? If you are someone with exceptional technical knowledge and skills you will thrive in this position at Dillon.
Dillon’s Communities & Environment technical group is looking for a Civil Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects, share your exceptional engineering solutions and provide clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
This position is available at any Dillon office in Ontario.
What your day will look like
- Contribute technical expertise to functional design, detailed design and construction administration activities of multidisciplinary project teams
- Project management/coordination of a variety of multidisciplinary projects
- Technical lead and design on projects related to municipal and/or land development infrastructure including water supply, sewers, roads, site servicing and storm water management
- Regularly interact with project team members including planners, environmental scientists, engineers and technologists
- Contribute technical expertise to business development activities including responding to requests for proposals, preparation of proposals and statements of qualifications
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of strong client relationships
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in civil engineering
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer, or eligible to be licensed within six months
- A minimum of eight years’ professional experience, preferably in the consulting industry
- Exceptional technical capabilities and a track record of providing exceptional engineering solutions on a range of projects for public and private sector clients
- Proven experience and in-depth technical knowledge and capabilities in the design of various municipal infrastructure including water supply systems, sewage systems, roadways, stormwater management works, underground and surface site servicing works, and/or waste management facilities
- Expert knowledge of contract administration services and requirements, including master municipal construction documents, municipal servicing standards, provincial regulatory requirements and environmental approvals
- Knowledge of public and agency consultation
- Experience contributing technical expertise to proposals and reports
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- For years, we have oﬀered a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, learning opportunities.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
To apply for this job please visit external-dillon.icims.com.