WHO ARE WE?
We’ve been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
As a Facility Maintenance Technician II, reporting to Operations Manager, you will conduct general building maintenance for a site in London, ON. This position will also respond to reactive maintenance calls.
Conditions of employment is Fully vaccinated and Reliability Screening Clearance must be meet
Your work will include:
- Sweeping and mopping floors, as well as vacuuming carpets
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of all bathroom facilities, locker rooms, including toilets, sinks, showers, and mirrors along with replacing soaps, toilet tissue, sanitary napkins and paper towels
- Dusting of work areas, woodwork, furniture, and other equipment
- Empties waste baskets, garbage bins, recyclable bins and transports garbage, recycle refuse, from drop points to designated garbage bins or compactor
- Cleans walls, partitions, light switches, doors, and window sills
- Cleans and polishes chrome and other polished metal surfaces Dusts baseboards and low air vests
- Damp mops all hardwood floor surfaces
- Cleans exercise equipment, disinfects and sanitizes
- Ensures that all cleaning equipment is kept clean, well maintained and properly stored, and janitor’s closet is organized and stocked
- Maintain a professional courteous manner and communication with client, employees, vendors, contractors and fellow employees.
- Maintains tools and materials for the work site.
- Performs other related duties as required and as assigned by Contract Representatives.
- This role is part of an Integrated Facilities Management Solution that provides a diverse portfolio of services to our client
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Security – in a time when other companies are downsizing, we are growing
- Very competitive compensation package
- Advancement opportunities
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Working knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment and the ability to use them economically and efficiently
- Ability to make minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical repair, and perform a variety of general routine maintenance tasks
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and against strict time constraints.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Knowledge and Applied Skills:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of previous cleaning experience in a similar position
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Provides verbal and written communication as requested.
- Completes assigned tasks in a professional and workmanlike manner.
- Adheres to the occupational health and safety acts and other legislative enactment.
- Represent the department with a positive and professional attitude.
- Maintain an industry level standard productivity level
- Ability to acquire and maintain Security clearance at the Reliability Status level
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, balance crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder. Working at Heights.
- Job will require inside and outside working. Cold and Heat.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Regular hours of operation 7.30 am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday
- Hand tools, and equipment will be supplied
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.