Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients across Canada in the natural resources, aviation, defence, retail, commercial and healthcare sectors.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
Because, service matters!
We’re looking for a motivated, quality-driven Housekeeper to join our Dexterra team at The University of Ottawa.
Reporting directly to the Housekeeping Manager, the Cleaner will ensure a safe & clean environment, securing and maintaining tools/equipment used to perform the day to day work and performing other duties as assigned or requested.
- Keep all areas assigned cleaned, This includes removal of regular waste, washing, dusting, polishing, vacuum cleaning and sweeping as appropriate.
- Abide by established cleaning procedures.
- Operate various cleaning equipment’s, auto scrubber, floor buffer, carpet extractor, vacuum and other machines.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment/materials are maintained in a safe, clean and efficient working condition.
- Organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Understand and follow directions and work within a team environment.
- Identify and report hazards in the workplace.
- Be flexible with changes in the work assignments.
- Participate in educational programs and in-service trainings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Be available in short notice for shift coverage, overtime and being on-call if necessary.
- Periodic Cleaning in multiple buildings over campus
- Complete assigned tasks in a professional and workmanlike manner and close the work orders within time frame given in response time policy.
- Adhere to the Occupational Health & Safety Act and related legislation.
- Represent the department with a positive and professional attitude.
- Perform other related duties as required and as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
We are looking for people with cleaning experience, either in the commercial or hotel/motel fields.
Expected Hiring Date: immediate
Bilingual French/English (speaking) is an asset. Must be able to read and write in either French or and English
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.