PALO ALTO NETWORKS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security Products are the latest in our security platform that brings the power and scale of our products to our customers and industry. It’s a groundbreaking change in the way the industry views cybersecurity as it relates to our cloud environments, one that is necessary for our mission to protect our way of life in the digital age. To support these products, we have a fast-growing team called our Engineering Technical Assistance Center (ETAC) that is empowered by our Cloud Escalation Engineers. This team utilizes the experience of senior network and security engineers to build an environment where our customers and employees thrive.
In this Cloud Escalation Engineer, SaaS Security role, you will act as a liaison between our Development Operations teams, as well as our support teams to assist in escalations. While this role is similar to a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will provide more opportunities to tackle critical end-user experience concerns, while improving the reliability and serviceability of the product, without revenue creation distractions. We are approaching customer service in an entirely new fashion, and we are looking for talented, motivated, dedicated individuals to help us define what the future of customer support should be.
- Work with the DevOps team to help build monitoring systems of all the SaaS systems
- Identify and monitor the metrics for the ongoing health of the systems and exchange points between systems and respond to potential problems
- Be an escalation point for the support team for problems found by customers
- Triage problems to directly resolve or involve the correct resource in dev to resolve
- Communicate status of the systems via automation (customers) and targeted messages (TAC)
- Utilize tracking of issue resolution (post-mortem) and work with this data to provide feedback for product improvement (supportability)
- Training TAC on the developed tools and processes -This is an ongoing deliverable
- Innovate potential solutions experienced by our end users
- Development mindset
- Experience (4+years) in engineering troubleshooting roles in fields like Support, QA, Dev, SRE and IT
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with troubleshooting issues on common Linux Distros
- Experience with any cloud services like AWS or GCP
- Knowledge and understanding of any databases like SQL, MongoDB, ofs
- Knowledge with Firewalls/Networking products and familiarity with routing protocols
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new ones, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $118,200/yr – $173,800/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.