Community Support Worker – New to Industry Program
- $1,000 Sign on Bonus – conditions apply*
- Permanent positions available
- Work-Life Balance (work school hours)
- Significant training & support provided – No experience needed!
Earn while you complete a Cert III in Individual Support with Catholic Healthcare. Start working without qualifications!
We are excited to announce our NEW TO INDUSTRY PROGRAM. This is an opportunity to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support at no cost to you and receive a robust training needed to become an effective Home Care worker.
We have a new group intake commencing Monday 1st August 2022 where you can learn in a group environment & make new friends too! You do not need to have any previous experience to apply for this role, we will teach you everything!
We are looking for passionate, reliable, and caring individuals who are willing to make a difference in our Aged Care client’s lives. Our goal is to support client’s independence by providing them services whilst maintaining their dignity in their own homes.
The New to industry program will include the following:
- 22 hours commitment required for the first 4 weeks (these are set days & times)
- Receive an instructor led induction
- Complete a Certificate III Individual support – This course will run for 12 months
- Full training in all the skills needed to complete your role through our simulation centre (Based in Blacktown)
- A trained buddy to guide you through the first four weeks and beyond!
This role services our Aged Care clients across all of Greater Sydney – We can place you in a role close to your home!
About the Community Support Worker role:
Provide quality personalised care to our valued aged care clients in their own homes through services such as:
- General household tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, ironing, cleaning bathroom & kitchen, changing beds, hanging up washing etc
- Personal care such as showering, dressing, grooming and toileting
- Meal preparation
- Social Support
- Transport to appointments and shopping etc
Requirements for the role:
- An Australian driver’s licence and a reliable insured motor vehicle is essential
- Reliability and compassion for the elderly
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Evidence of Flu & Covid vaccinations
- Hour rate + 10.5% Super + Km Reimburse (82cents per KM) + Paid travel time
- $1,000 Sign on bonus (conditions apply)
- Access to annual leave, sick leave & long service leave
- Access to Not For Profit Salary packaging (Tax benefits that increase your take home pay)
- Certificate III in Individual Support & First Aid & CPR certificates at no cost to you!
- Values-based organisation, we employ people of all faiths
- Visit the same clients each week
- Work independently with team support
Catholic Healthcare is a leading not-for-profit provider of residential aged care, home and community services, retirement living and healthcare across NSW and SE QLD. Together, our team of over 4000 people are dedicated to our Mission of helping the people that we serve to live life to its fullest every day.
So, if you’re looking for a role where you can make a positive & rewarding impact in a great organisation like ours, then we’d love to hear from you.
Apply online now.
Please note that pre-employment checks (including Police) will be completed for all preferred candidates before an Offer is made.
Hello Recruitment Agencies, thanks for thinking of us. Right now, we’re looking to fill this opportunity directly so if we do need your assistance we’ll be in touch
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.