ALPHA MEAD GROUP
Alpha Mead Group is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management and Real Estate Financing Services.
The Contract and Procurement Manager will be responsible for forecasting the expense and scope of projects for AMDC (the property development arm of the AMG group) within the company. S/he will also analyze and provide cost information for the business to make sound financial decision and increase revenue growth. Also ensures that value for money is maximized and cost savings are generated. The key measure for success shall be ability to demonstrate annual cost savings via commercial, negotiation and strategic objectives
- Planning and carrying out all Contract and Procurement activities in line with organization’s Contract and Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Break down all expenses related to a project including: materials, labour, and other resources.
- Assess cost effectiveness of projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Track projects throughout its course and recommend budget adjustments.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work,
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Predict the expense of future projects or products by analysing monetary costs and other factors
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Carry out quarterly market survey for all material items
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate mates and resolve issues
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently.
- Advice the Operations department and update price books per quarter.
- Maintain and implement construction performance / budget for each project.
- Negotiates pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers and create scope of work
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Meet subcontractors and suppliers on site as necessary.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines
Purchase Order Management
- Incorporate drawings, quality specifications and requirements into purchase orders to maintain high quality standards and expectations.
- Handles change order requests and forecasts upcoming demand
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jo
Information & Inventory Management
- Maintain subcontractor/supplier information for the company
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Ensure that every step of the procurement and material management processes are functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities due to availability of materials.
- Negotiate cost reductions,
- Identify primary and alternate sources for each item needed and encourages suppliers to remain competitive to achieve best value (quality, lead time, parts and service)
- Work with quality manager to qualify suppliers and to monitor their performance
- Establish and enforces procedures to ensure proper recording, storage and tracking of all items purchased by the Company
- Monitor prices of major commodities, analyzes impact based on annual usage and reports findings to management for budgeting purpose
- Monitors significant trends, changes in suppliers, and prices to capitalize on opportunities and/or protect company positions,
- Contacts carriers to negotiate contracts/pricing, troubleshoot problems, and to arrange/coordinate challenging shipments
- Negotiates terms to obtain necessary materials and product in timely and most cost effective manner
- Solicits promotions, discounts, markdowns, warehousing options and favourable payment terms from suppliers
- Carry out other assignments delegated by Head, Contract and Procurement
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering, supply chain management, or business administration
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience as an experienced Contract and Procurement Manager with vast experience in but not limited to, sourcing, contract negotiation, monitoring and reporting contract performance
- Strong background in construction is a must-have
- Advanced knowledge and experience within the purchasing/contracting functions
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Skilled in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Outstanding organizational skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.