The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
This position oversees creative resources for the 3D department. Excellent communication skill is required as the Creative Resources Manager is responsible for mentoring their team and fostering strong relationships with artists along with being their advocates, 3D board, Creative Directors, production, engineering, and operational departments.
The Creative Resources Manager should also have an excellent understanding of The Mill’s work and creative history, strong organizational, tracking and planning skills and a commitment to providing our clients an unrivalled experience.
The Creative Resources Manager should not only be responsible for the safeguarding and development of our artist’s talents/careers, but also show continuous improvement in working with all departments, especially Production and Engineering, in order to optimize operations efficiency.
- Work closely with 2D and Design schedulers to ensure that Creative Resources are acting as a single cohesive unit.
- Work conjunctively with the 2D CRM & Design CRM to ensure unilateral decision-making is taking place and to optimize scheduling as a whole.
- Engage in early bidding and planning with producers to identify talent needs, scheduling and strategies.
- Works with scheduling teams in Chicago, New York and London.
- Work with artists, leads, producers and senior schedulers to ensure jobs are on track and efficient whilst continuously measuring bid resources against budgets.
- Intimate understanding of capacity, internal resources as well as an ability to flag challenges and opportunities and problem solve.
- Guarantee excellent client service from all members of the team to maximize repeat business.
- Maintains an accurate Freelance & Rental forecast.
- Ensure Freelance Artists are utilized appropriately – on the right projects, at the right price, with attention paid to controlling cost whilst maintaining quality.
- Provide support for artists by monitoring working hours, artist satisfaction and managing holiday requests and DOILs.
- Manage DOILs and holidays while ensuring smooth running of the department and facility
- Pro-active liaison with all HODs to ensure technology and resources (artists, machines, suites) are being optimized to the fullest.
- Pro-active Liaison with Talent/HR on talent recruitment, freelance payroll, etc.
- Represent 3D Creative Resources in any high level conversations with Production.
- Schedule large jobs that require intricate planning or big picture foresight. Work with producers and schedulers to ensure the right talent is on the right job.
- Develop Creative Resources protocol and best practices.
- Maintain a structure for multiple schedulers to work together in the same area.
- Problem solve autonomously and escalate when necessary.
- Work alongside EPs to understand, maintain and develop director, client and artist relationships.
- 3 – 5 years creative resources management experience
- Production and/or agency experience preferred
- Excellent project planning and scoping skills
- Ability to manage, develop and retain talent
- Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity
- Experience working with and using scheduling software
- Responsive and flexible to ever changing needs and environment
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we’ll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.