NEC Software Solutions is headquartered in the UK and operates around the world.
We employ more than 3,000 people in six countries, building software and services to get our customers better outcomes.
We traded as Northgate Public Services until 1 July 2021 when we rebranded to align with our owners, NEC. Most of our subsidiary companies did too (APD Communications, i2N, EMIS Care and Charter Systems) but our service design agency still trades as Snook.
We’ve been part of global tech company NEC Corporation since January 2018.
Support delivery of our Eligibility Services contract work via online, telephone and postal applications. Act as first point of contact for applicants and system administrator for the Northgate system to allow applications to be input and processed.
Process applications, queries and payments using the computerised Northgate interface, ensuring:
- Professionalism in gathering the data
- Sufficient and accurate data recording
- Recording in a timely manner.
- Liaise with applicants to process information into the Northgate System.
- Undertake eligibility checks with the applicant, seeking information direct from the applicant and utilising additional computerised interfaces for confirmation.
- To fully understand the legislation and criteria involved in the various eligibility services.
- To comply with Processing Services Customer Charter when dealing with all incoming and outbound calls.
- To complete statistical information as instructed by the Service Manager
- To act on requests for support regarding system access and used by the customer.
- To work as part of the team in achieving targets set by the Service Manager
- Deal with and respond to enquiries from clients, citizens and internal colleagues in a positive and professional manner
- Share your knowledge with others to ensure continuity in your absence, ensuring handover is in place in advance of any planned absence
- Experience of contact / processing centre working.
- Experience of processing data with attention to detail and good accuracy.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Knowledge of service centre processes, policies and procedures, such as escalation procedures, service level agreements and client service standards.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Mail and its additional functions such as: Google Drives, Google Forms, etc.
- Excellent communication and written skills with the ability to work confidently with customers and internal colleagues.
- Demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding operational targets.
- Well organised.
Employees of NEC are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax-efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.