OUR NATIONAL CONVERSATION
OUR NATIONAL CONVERSATION (ONC) seeks to become a gathering place where citizens from all walks of life can engage in intelligent, civil, and inclusive conversations about politics and public policy.
We are part media company, part think tank, part social movement. Our goal is to produce practical, innovative, and nonpartisan proposals designed to make America a better country. We want our work to be so good that those in positions of authority simply must pay attention – and act.
Job Title: Data Management Intern
Reports To: Director of Technology and CEO
The Data Management Intern contributes to ONC’s mission of providing non-partisan news, opinions, and policy solutions by completing essential tasks in the Technology Department. The Data Management intern is responsible for helping identify sources and their RSS feeds, learning where the RSS feeds are stored on our site and updating as necessary. The intern will also help with maintaining the organization of our Google Drive including cataloging all content. This intern will work closely with the Director of Technology while also working independently.
This position is remote, with work primarily conducted over Zoom and Slack, so applicants must be comfortable coordinating in a remote environment and are expected to maintain a high level of communication. Many people choose to extend their internship past the amount of time they initially committed to. Preferably, this intern will commit to at least the end of the Fall semester (December 16th, 2022).
Benefits: Flexible schedule, college credit, professional networking, and resume-building experience.
Compensation: This is not a paid position.
- Helping identify sources and their RSS feeds
- Learning where the RSS feeds are stored on our site and updating as necessary
- Assisting with any reorganization process that may arise
- Communicating effectively with the Director of Technology and CEO as needed
- Attend weekly organization-wide team meetings
The Data Management Intern should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Interest in Data Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, Executive Assistant Roles or working towards a degree in Computer science, Business Administration, and/or related fields
- Responsive, consistent, and effective communicator, even during conflict
- Ability to work remotely and on their own schedule to make deadlines
- Experience with data management preferred
- Great organization skills
- Ability to keep information confidential
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.