The Luxembourg System Integrator for Microsatellites & Aerospace Systems
LuxSpace Sàrl is a member of the OHB group family.
LuxSpace vision is to technologically enable the use of Space by players with great missions on Earth. Leveraging our flight heritage and our 15+ years hands-on experience, our team builds the vision by reshaping the way microsatellite solutions and Space based services are conceived, developed, and delivered.
LuxSpace focuses on:
- Complete microsatellite systems in the 20-200 Kg class
- Space systems and subsystems design, specification, procurement, manufacturing, integration, and testing. This includes structure, TT&C subsystems, electronics, Radio Frequency, power supply, AOCS, simulators, on- board software, GSEs and all major elements of satellites
- Satellite services and applications with a focus on Automatic Identification System (AIS) and Earth Observation (EO)
Our OHB LuxSpace Team is composed of highly skilled and motivated professionals having joined us from more than 15 countries.
LuxSpace offers a dynamic and challenging, multinational, open minded and innovative work environment with a cooperative management culture and flexible working time options.
OHB LuxSpace is looking for motivated candidates to join for an exciting opportunity as:
Digital Electronics Engineer / Embedded Hardware Architect – Space Avionics Units OBC & OBDH (m/f/o)
In order to further reinforce and expand its project and program activities, LuxSpace is recruiting a Digital Electronics Engineer with focal expertise and working experience (7+ years) in development of space borne digital Avionic units (OBC, OBDH).
A Digital Electronics Engineer is required to contribute as Embedded Hardware Architect to the design and implementation of LuxSpace next generation micro satellites and space solutions.
An experienced digital electronics developer with emphasis on on-board computer, bus architectures, peripheries & interfaces. Experience in embedded software is considered a plus.
Being member of a multinational team of dedicated electronics engineers, the Digital Electronics Engineer will have the role of an Embedded Hardware Architect and provide requirements and architectural engineering as well as supervision of subcontractors to Project Managers responsible for the design and implementation of space and ground support systems.
The Digital Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the whole lifecycle from the definition phase up to verification and testing.
Required Skills and Typical Tasks include:
- Embedded digital architectures (Processors, micro-controllers, Memories, FPGA)
- Being the focal point of all aspects of satellite On-Board Data Handling (OBDH) system – Central processing unit (single core, multicore), Mass memory storage
- Digital interfaces and bus architectures (e.g. CAN, SPI, I2C, RS422, RS485, SpaceWire, LVDS)
- Elaboration of requirement specification
- Flow down from System- to equipment- requirements and their justification
- Contributing to Systems Engineering, particularly interfaces
- Provision of design documentation like: Technical notes, design description, worst case analysis etc.
- Review of design documentation from external suppliers and participation to review meetings
- Technical supervision and monitoring of supplier
- Other tasks and duties assigned by manager(s)
- Temporarily or permanently performing other reasonable and equivalent duties
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- University Degree (Master/Diploma/PhD) or equivalent education plus relevant proven work experience
- 7+ years of work experience in industry or relevant professional environment (e.g. space, aeronautics, automotive)
- Working knowledge of digital electronics (microprocessors, memories etc.)
- Working knowledge of digital communication standards
- General knowledge of electronic circuits and the application of respective simulation tools for design and analysis (incl. EMC)
- Specific knowledge of electronic components for space (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of analogue circuits
- Methodical, results-oriented work approach
- Excellent sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Internal and external Customer oriented thinking-approach
- Positive spirit to work and interface with a multinational team
- Willingness and availability to work flexible in line with project needs and schedules
- Willingness to travel for business from time to time if needed
- Languages: Very good English language skills (spoken and written)
- In line with applicable (immigration) legislation, all candidates must be eligible to live and work in Luxembourg / be an EU / EEA citizen, and possess all applicable work and residence permissions for Luxembourg.
- Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from the applicants as part of the recruitment process.
- In view of the nature of projects concerned and job profile, candidates may have to undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
- Readiness and eligibility for security clearance procedures may be required from candidates.
- Dynamic, innovative, challenging
- Join our team of highly skilled and motivated professionals.
- Living and working in Luxembourg info: www.guichet.lu
- Permanent employment contract
- Full-time (40 h / week)
- Flexible working time options
Your Online Application:
- Please in English language
- Let us know your motivation
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae (Europass appreciated)
- Kindly include your salary expectations (EUR annual gross)
Please apply solely online via our LuxSpace Career Website. Thank you!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.