Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Risk and Identity Products team at Visa focuses on delivering the fraud detection and prevention solutions that enable every good transaction to be approved, every bad transaction to be declined, all with a seamless customer experience. Payment authentication is a critical component of this vision, helping to secure eCommerce transactions. The Payment Authentication Products team is responsible for driving the development, implementation, and adoption of authentication solutions globally.
The Director, Payment Authentication will be responsible for defining the global strategy and roadmap for driving the acceptance of Visa’s payment authentication solutions with acquirers, merchants, payment facilitators, and solution providers. He/she will be part of the global Payment Authentication Products team and will work with stakeholders in product, merchant sales and acquiring, strategic partnerships, marketing, and customer support across various geographic regions. The Director will collaborate with team members to define business requirements and prioritize features to support the needs of the acceptance/seller channel. The role includes working with regional and cross-functional teams on market adoption, program performance, readiness, and support.
The Director will provide subject matter expertise for internal, client, and partner sales efforts. Additional responsibilities include supporting attainment of the acceptance related goals for Visa’s authentication solutions, as well as a go-to-market efforts.
- Develop of a comprehensive payment authentication seller side product adoption strategy, and execute on a global product roadmap to drive the usage of Visa’s authentication solutions
- Lead the acceptance/seller side adoption, policies, implementation, and enablement of authentication products with Visa’s clients, merchants, and partners globally
- Drive the development of payment authentication products and solutions that promote security, increase sales, and provide a seamless user experience
- Play a key role in defining the pricing, value proposition, and go-to-market plans
- Build and maintain strong relationships with regional product, merchant sales and acquiring, strategic partnerships, and customer support teams
- Engage with client facing teams on market opportunities, integration, and product rollout activities at global scale
- Conduct performance analytics, business reviews, and generate recommendations for expanding product usage and performance improvements
- Be a leader, thought partner, and an integral part of a team of high performing product managers
- Coach/mentor junior members of the team to help build the next generation of product talent
- Keep abreast of industry trends and the competitive and regulatory landscape
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
This position is open to the following locations: San Francisco, Arlington, Foster City but other Visa Campus locations may be considered.
• 10 or more years of experience working in product management or management consulting (or 10+ years of work experience with Advanced Degree, e.g., Masters, MBA)
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Experience and knowledge of digital payments, eCommerce, and payment authentication with a focus on merchant eCommerce payment solutions and platforms, and understanding the merchant perspective
• Customer champion with a proven track record of developing and executing a product vision for successful products based on deep understanding of customer needs
• Strong value based selling skills founded on business acumen and the ability to translate benefits into the partner’s business language to prove value
• Proven leadership capabilities including strong thought leadership, effective decision making, and ability to drive for results
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal Visa teams and clients
• Ability to manage simultaneous tasks and projects with multiple work streams, and demonstrated strong organizational skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 134,100 to 174,300 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.