At Sleep Country Canada/ Dormez-Vous? We are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
Our Distribution Center (DC) associates play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! As a Distribution Supervisor, you will play a major role in supporting an industry-leading operation and team. We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you will feel challenged and at home each and every day!
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
- Provide day to day supervision of the work in the distribution center
- Ensure your all Associates are trained to meet the work demands of the distribution center
- Responsible for all aspects of performance management, staffing, training and development of their assigned workforce
- Coach and develop Associates to meet organizational objectives and personal goals
- Handle all administrative duties for all hourly Associates (vacation request, personal day, PIP’s etc.)
- Manage overall department process such as debriefing processes, transfers and fleet (5 ton trucks) as required
- Work closely in supporting other supervisors and overall delivery operations
- Supervise home delivery, inbound/outbound receiving, and order picking
- Run reports, route delivery trucks, handle store transfers & building manifests
- Provide customer service and support to customers, sales and delivery teams by responding to store e-mails and incoming telephone calls
- Ensure that all health and safety standards and regulations are adhered to
- Facilitate weekly/monthly meetings
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in logistics, supply chain or related discipline is an asset
- 2 to 3 years of previous experience in a warehouse/delivery environment or in a supervisory role
- Previous inventory and cycle count experience is required
- Experience with RF picking and WMS/ERP systems (ie., Oracle) is a definite asset
- Knowledge and understanding of provincial transportation rules and policies (i.e. log books, trip inspections, checking them over making sure they are correct and up to date, etc.)
- Ability to effectively motivate and provide leadership direction, coaching, mentoring and performance management to all Associates
- Collaborate, liaise and maintain strong relationships with external vendors, clients, customers, etc. as well as internal stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Work on a flexible schedule – 7 day operations where days off might not be on the weekend
Why work for us:
- This is not just a job but a career with opportunities for growth and advancement
- We are the proud winners of:
- Great Place to Work
- Great Place to Work for Millennials
- Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- Great Place to Work for Giving Back
- We will invest in you and provide training, mentoring and continuous development
- Robust Medical & Dental Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- Associate Discount Program
- Fitness Subsidy
- Regular social events (we work hard and play hard)
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.