Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global company with wide-ranging opportunities that include career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Weatherford is hiring for Mechanical/Electrical Technician IV for our West Hardy Road, Houston Texas manufacturing facility. This is a hands on, rewarding role where you will be producing quality and efficient products and tools for the oil and gas industry. The Electrical/Mechanical Assembler will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provide full training on our machines, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
Under general supervision, perform electro/mechanical assembly of moderate complexity in accordance with established procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Know and understand Weatherford’s Enterprise Excellence Process and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Assemble and test completions equipment per engineered drawings or as instructed by others.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices such as tapes, gauges, calipers, micrometer
- Inspect completed components for accuracy and functionality.
- Perform hydrostatic test on components as necessary.
- Material handling
- Properly maintain company supplied tooling and maintain an orderly work area
- Aid in developing of new procedures and improving existing procedures.
- Use the PIRF System.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 6+ years electrical/mechanical experience
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to read assembly layouts and manufacturing prints.
- Ability to read a measuring tape, micrometer, calipers and oscilloscope.
- Ability to safely operate material handling devices (overhead cranes, forklifts).
- General knowledge of assembly procedures.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- General knowledge of wiring schematics
- Soldering Experience Required
- Downhole Tools experience Required
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.